G.E.A.R. is the only resource that has truly made a difference in our lives. Services, doctors, school, and other institutional or community resources haven’t been able to do enough, because they don’t know what our lives are like or how to help. They think they do, but they don’t. Validation and support from other parents who have been through what you’re going through is powerfully stabilizing and soothing. We are then able to access our own ‘knowing’ that is the base of what our kids truly need to stabilize themselves.
- Open Access: connecting individuals to the right level of care when they need it most.
- Community members can now receive same-day care for their urgent mental health and substance use needs in Augusta at Crisis & Counseling Centers’ Open Access Center
- Empowering Families to Take Charge of their Mental Health Journey and Prioritize Safety
- Support from the University of Vermont’s Center on Rural Addiction is helping reduce harm in Kennebec County.
- Crisis & Counseling Holds Important Training on Transgender Issues for Agency Staff