Dear Clients & Community Partners of Crisis & Counseling Centers,
As our country and state continue to monitor the coronavirus (COVID-19), Crisis & Counseling Centers is committed to doing our part to protect the health and safety of the community.
Out of an abundance of caution for the safety of our staff and clients we are making adjustments in the way we deliver client care, but we are currently “open” and serving clients. Effective immediately, we are making the following changes:
- We are utilizing telephonic and telehealth video conferencing calls when possible for all of our outpatient services (mental health, substance use disorder treatment, and targeted case management) as well as for our mobile crisis services that continue to be available 24/7 by calling the Maine Crisis Line at (888) 568-1112.
- Our Central Access team continues to process referrals for new client care. Referrals can be made between the hours of 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday – Thursday and 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. on Friday by calling (207) 626-3448 x 1175.
- Our Crisis Stabilization Units remain open for clients who are experiencing behavioral health crisis. However, we are restricting visitors and actively conducting COVID-19 screening for visitors who are essential to providing quality client care.
- Our G.E.A.R. Parent Network Staff will be available by email, phone, or text, and will provide all workshops/learning opportunities via GoToMeeting™.
- We are canceling and postponing all large-scale gatherings until further notice, avoiding in person meetings, and teleconferencing when possible.
We recognize our response to COVID-19 may impact the way you continue to access services, but it will not compromise the quality of care we provide as that is of the utmost importance to us. We hope you understand that these changes are meant to protect you, your extended family, and members of our community.
We continue to monitor guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) related to COVID-19, and we will update you if and when there are changes to delivery of services. Please check our Facebook page and website (www.crisisandcounseling.org) for the latest updates. We will make every effort to lift restrictions and return to business as usual when deemed appropriate. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Michael Mitchell, CEO
Crisis & Counseling Centers