- This event has passed.
Parent Peer Leadership Institute [Day 1]
September 19 @ 8:30 am - 5:00 pm$375
Maine’s Certification training for Parent/Family Peer Specialists in Maine Behavioral Health Homes.
The Institute was developed and formatted by families for families with consultation and shared materials from the National Federation of Families, their state organizations, and chapters. We believe that meaningful and effective parent/family participation as partners in support of our children requires specific skills that harness and enhance the valuable contribution of the parent/family perspective.
These skills are embodied in the following:
- Effective parent/family involvement requires a working knowledge of children’s mental health, the needs and experiences of parents and family members, and the issues affecting the system of
- The presentation of the individuals and organizations expressing the parent/family voice must enhance the credibility, value, and opportunities for meaningful inclusion.
- To provide effective parent‐to‐parent support in a variety of settings.
- To develop and sustain an effective local and statewide network of parents and champions of children’s behavioral health needs.
- To effectively participate in micro and macro levels of system change.
- To provide consistency across the state concerning parent-peer support providers hiring practices, qualifications, necessary skill sets, job duties, and supervision.
We are now accepting applications for our September 2022 training.
Upcoming Dates: September 19th, 21st, and 23rd, 2022.
Time: 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with a 30 – 60 minute lunch break on your own
Questions: Contact G.E.A.R. Parent Network Director Cindy Seekins at 207-441-7216 or email@example.com