G.E.A.R. Parent Network is a statewide program of Crisis & Counseling Centers. Through parent-to-parent sharing of experiences and knowledge, G.E.A.R. empowers parents of children with behavioral health needs to build on their family’s strengths and to advocate for their family’s needs.
Are you concerned about your child’s emotional well-being?
- Do you sometimes feel completely alone with the challenges presented to you by your child?
- Do you need to ask someone what to expect now that your child has been diagnosed with a disability?
- Do you often wish others could see past your child’s behavioral problems and appreciate what a terrific person your child is?
If you answered “yes” to any of the above questions, then G.E.A.R. is here for you.
Free services available to parents & families include :
- Support by phone
- Monthly support groups
- Workshops about public services available to your child, and on topics related to emotional and behavioral health
- Opportunities to network with other families
We are parents helping each other; we offer unconditional support – no blame, no shame and no judgment. We want you to know that you are not alone.
For more information or assistance, call the G.E.A.R. Parent Network toll free at 1.800.264.9224.
G.E.A.R. Parent Network Program Director Cindy Seekins can be reached at 1.800.264.9224 or firstname.lastname@example.org.